Troop 282 families,
Scouts have the following MB’s to choose from while at Kitson. I have heard from most of the Scouts on their selection. I have emailed individual families if I do not have the selections. baltmiller
- Merit badge time slot #1 (9:30): Personal Fitness Merit Badge
- Merit badge time slot #2 (11:00): Fishing Merit Badge or Woodcarving Merit Badge
- Merit badge time slot #3 (2:00): Astronomy Merit Badge
- Merit badge time slot #4 (3:30): Disability Awareness Merit Badge
- 4 Scouts are completing the Wilderness Survival mb on the outing, 10 essentials, clothing you wear and limited snacks will be allowed on your overnight. Shelters will be built in the afternoon before heading out that evening.
- Mrs. Willett worked with several Scouts on Oceanography and Mammal study. Scoutmaster will be working with any of those Scouts who would like to complete those merit badges while on this outing.
Important notes for Kitson:
- Meet at ECS on Thursday 8/6 at 9 am. Food and coolers will be put into the trailer, along with water. Depart to Kitson BSA property, near Oakridge. Directions will be handed out in the parking lot. Please remember to check in and have your temperature taken. Pickup at Kitson is set for 1:00 pm on Sunday 8/9.
- Bring a sack lunch and a full water bottle. We will have to haul water from town each day for drinking.
- Tents/hammocks and adirondacks (only 2 Scouts may share an adirondack) are all going to be used on this outing. Please make sure to have a tent/hammock with you if it is needed. Rain is a possibility on Thursday. A Scout is prepared.
- Fishing in the small river will be available. 12 and older must have a fishing license. They are small rainbow fish, but fun. Fishing reg’s: 2 trout per day, 8 inch minimum length and bait is legal to use during the time we will be there. Couple youtube resources:
- camp chair
- bug spray
- notebook/BSA handbook
- work gloves (for the service project…more wood!)
- swim suit/towel
- cup/spork (paper supplies will be used again on this outing)
- fishing gear/extra water shoes for getting wet
- Firewood would be appreciated to help us enjoy our time, unload at our main camp location when we arrive at Kitson.